Year 4 Summer Challenges
- Can you increase your speed when answering times tables questions and move up a level on Times Table Rockstars?
- Our History topic for the Autumn term is about the Romans in Britain. Can you find out 10 facts about the Romans and present them in an interesting way?
- Also linked to theme of Romans, can you find out about mosaics and have a go at making one of your own? We could add them to our class display in September.
- Try to read 6 books over the summer holidays, each by a different author.
- Can you cook a meal for your family? Research different recipes and make a menu, before serving them a delicious treat.
- Can you build a den to camp out in overnight? This could be inside or in your garden. Think about what materials to use and make sure it is nice and strong. We’d love to see photos of these when you come back to school!
If you would like some additional activities to do, you could look at the following websites:
- Take part in Swindon’s Summer Reading Challenge - https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20026/libraries/1130/summer_reading_challenge_2020
- Complete some of the 10 minute challenges on the ‘Authorfy’ website - https://authorfy.com/10minutechallenges/
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers - any lower KS2 Maths or English ones especially
- https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/games-5454.htm Year 4 games